Propolis or bees’ gold
A star product of the hive, propolis is a substance obtained from the salivary secretions of bees and from resins or other elements collected from plants and trees (fir, spruce, birch, etc.). Bees use it to protect their hives from climate changes. It also reduces the size of openings in the hive, thus protecting against invaders. In fact, propolis comes from the Greek pro, which means “in front of” or “at the entrance”, and from polis meaning “city”.
Why has propolis amassed a following among food supplement consumers in recent years ?
Propolis has been known for over 3,000 years and its role no longer needs to be explained. Indeed, numerous clinical studies have established its immunostimulatory properties. In addition, consumers are turning towards natural and traditional remedies, with proven effectiveness, as a way of preventing infections. Propolis also provides a targeted response to winter ailments making it the perfect old wives’ cure for the colder months.
Propolis extract >10% quercetin for effective and natural protection
Extracted via a high-quality process that preserves its active ingredients, our propolis extract naturally contains quercetin, giving it many benefits.
While relatively unknown a few years ago, quercetin is attracting increasing interest! Numerous studies have been conducted recently to evaluate its general effects, particularly on the immune system.
Quercetin is considered to be the most active of the flavonoids. It promotes the body’s defences in general1 and is readily bioavailable2. Moreover, it is known to be particularly rich in antioxidants.3-4 It traps free radicals, thus slowing down the effects of oxidative stress on the body.5
What can our propolis extract >10% quercetin be used for ?
Our propolis extract >10% quercetin is particularly suitable for :
Pharmanager Ingredients, your supplier of quality propolis extract >10% quercetin
Our propolis extract is subject to strict specifications, in particular the following points requiring vigilance :
- Pesticides (Regulation 396/2005 and amendments)
- Heavy metals (Regulation 1881/2006 and amendments)
- PAH (Regulation 1933/2015/EC)
Pharmanager is committed to protecting biodiversity in response to environmental concerns and end-consumer requirements.
Our ingredient sourcing is carefully controlled to meet our quality requirements and those of our customers. Where possible, we work with trusted partners with whom we have built relationships over many years.
Summary of propolis extract >10% quercetin
- Water soluble
- Produced in Italy
- Strict quality control in accordance with our specifications
- 10% quercetin dosed as per HPLC method (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- Suitable for food supplements and nutrition in different galenic forms
1. Kim JK, Park SU. EXCLI J. 2018;17:856–863. Published 2018 Aug 27.
2. Egert S, Wolffram S, Bosy-Westphal A, Boesch-Saadatmandi C, Wagner AE, Frank J, Rimbach G, Mueller MJ. J Nutr. 2008;138:1615–21.
3. Anand David AV, Arulmoli R, Parasuraman S. Pharmacogn Rev. 2016;10(20):84–89.
4. Kobori M, Takahashi Y, Sakurai M, et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016;60(2):300–312.
5. G. Duranti et al. Nutrition Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.nutres.2017.12.002. 2018-02
To known more, contact us !